HomeThe UniversityColleges & InstitutesAcademic programmes & CoursesResearchInternational


Information for applicants with non-German school leaving certificates

Please keep in mind that most of the teaching done at the Karlsruhe University of Education is through the medium of German. With the exception of guest and exchange students here in Summer Semesters, all students need a very good working knowledge of German. Full-time, degree-seeking students are required to pass a standardized German language test before matriculation. These English-language webpages are meant as useful information sources, but do not mean that it is possible to study here without the required level of competence in German. That is also why many links lead to German webpages. 

If you are looking for a degree programme that is entirely taught in English or for an area of study that isn't offered by our university, you might find the following website helpful: www.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/international-programmes/en/

Some of the most important aspects of studying in Gemany are explained on this website: www.daad.de/deutschland/index.de.html